Winter – Spring 2019
- March 5 – 6, 2020 Stemming the Tide at the Smithsonian Institution on Global Strategies for Sustaining Cultural Heritage Through Climate Change I’ll be moderating two of the session during these days. The speakers list is a stunner – I so hope you can join us.
- December 4 – 12 Conference of the Parties 25, Madrid. I’ll be presenting in the UK pavilion on the 5th with the Climate Heritage Network, acting as moderator and presenter in the US Climate Action Center on the 6th (“Cultural Institutions and Public Engagement.”), and helping with workshops in the Nordic Pavilion on the 6th and in the Green Zone on the 11th.
- November 7 – 10 Federation of State Humanities Councils Conference, Honolulu, HI presenting “World’s Largest Native Language Cache: Hawaiian repository supports communities’ understanding of environment & climate.” with Puakea Nogelmeier of Awaiaulu
- October 24 & 25 Tahlequah, OK, for NEH PAG grant workshop on disaster and climate preparedness and cooperative planning
- October 7 – 10 San Diego for the ATALM conference, presenting on We Are Still In and on grant proposal writing
- October 5 Western Museums Association: “Museums and Climate Change: Creating a Sustainable Path Forward”
- September 20 Patapsco Heritage Greenway, MD “ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND COMMUNITY RESILIENCE 101: AN INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP “
- September 2, 2019 Participation in the ICOM Plenary Session: “Curating Sustainable Futures Through Museums” You can find the video here. I begin at 23.00 but Dr. Mori, a Japanese astronaut gave the keynote as the lead-in and it was excellent. There are five presenters – all with differing experiences and perspectives.
- May 20: AAM Conference, New Orleans, presenting on We Are Still In and cultural institutions sector work with AAM
- May 29: NEMA Webinar on We Are Still In and Regional Success Stories
- May 30: AAM Zoom Webinar Approaches to Carbon Measurement and Offsets
- April 9th: Community Engagement with STEMS, Hawaii Museums Association
- February 12th: Bonn, Germany: Meeting
- February 6-9th: Salzburg, Austria: attending the Salzburg Global Seminar on “Citizen Diplomacy at the Crossroads: Activating Networks for Change”
- February 4th: AAM’s Historic House Museum Sustainability Summit speaker
- January 25th: Webinar from We Are Still In/Cultural Institutions and AAM’s Environment & Climate Network on Energy Benchmarking http://www.aam-us.org
- Skype into Laura Robert’s class at Harvard University Extension School, Museum Studies
- Webinar for We Are Still in with ASTC. Video recording is here.
- Mainland activities: working from Florida this month. Consultation day with Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Consultation day with Saint Peter’s Nevelson Chapel Project, NYC
- Presentation, UH Manoa Museum Studies Program
- 4 & 24 We Are Still In Webinars (Basic webinar recorded here)
- Global Climate Action Summit, San Francisco: We Are Still In Forum, Creative Culture, Biodiversity Summit, and Climate Heritage Network events, San Francisco
- AASLH Conference: Kansas City, MO
- 1,8,15, 22, 29 We Are Still In Webinars
- Zoom into Northeastern State University, OK
- 11, 18, 25, 26 We Are Still In Webinars
- Presentation: Iolani Palace, Honolulu, HI